Monday, October 27, 2008

Twilight News for October 27, 2008

"Twilight" movie stars Kellan Lutz, Ashley Greene to Attend TwiCon 2009 Fan Convention in Dallas
Kellan Lutz and Ashley Greene, who will portray siblings Emmett and Alice Cullen in the much-anticipated "Twilight" movie due in theatres next month, have agreed to meet fans and appear at TwiCon - expected to be the largest of the fan conventions dedicated to the Stephenie Meyer books. More than 2,500 devotees of the Twilight series are expected to descend on Dallas July 30-Aug. 2, 2009, to celebrate their devotion to the vampire romance series. Read more...

Forks, Washington becomes a mecca for devout Twilight pilgrims Excerpt:
"On her website, Meyer explained her choice of Forks:

For my setting, I knew I needed someplace ridiculously rainy. I turned to Google, as I do for all my research needs, and looked for the place with the most rainfall in the U.S. This turned out to be the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I pulled up maps of the area and studied them, looking for something small, out of the way, surrounded by forest... And there, right where I wanted it to be, was a tiny town called "Forks." It couldn't have been more perfect if I had named it myself. I did a Google image search on the area, and if the name hadn't sold me, the gorgeous photographs would have done the trick. Read the article...

No comments: