Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Twilight News for April 1 - No April Fools!

NOTE TO READERS: No, Stephenie Meyer has not committed suicide; Rob Pattinson has not quit the set of New Moon...there are lots of April Fool fake rumors being planted around the internet. Don't worry; at least these two aren't true!



Robert Pattinson: All the Girls I've Liked Hated Me
Twilight hunk Robert Pattinson is adored by millions of women around the world, but his love life has apparently always been rocky.

"I had really bad luck with girls [when I was younger]: the ones I liked hated me and the ones that liked me were not my type," the self-deprecating Rob tells Glamour Spain. "But that’s something that I still go through. I like girls that I shouldn’t like. But I’m learning, and now I take my time before I let the girl know." Read more...


Vampire Showdown: James Marsters On ‘Buffy’’s Spike Vs. ‘Twilight’'s Edward
In one corner, the bleached blonde “Buffy” vampire punk. In the other, the mysterious Edward Cullen of “Twilight” fame. So what happens when vampires clash and only one can be left standing? For that, we turned to James Marsters — who played Spike for seven years on both “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel” and who stars as Lord Piccolo in April 10th’s “Dragonball: Evolution.”
“I’m not aware of a split,” said Marsters diplomatically, explaining that there’s definitely crossover between “Buffy” and “Twilight” fans including he himself who has read the “Twilight” books with his family.
“My niece started ‘Twilight’ and she was convinced that Edward was based on Spike,” Marsters laughed, “I thought that was fabulous. I’m her guardian and that’s just fine if she thinks that way.”
But when it comes to showdown, Marsters had to admit that it’s going to be a pretty close fight. Read more..

Stephen King and Stephenie Meyers to Work Together
Firefox News reported in February that Stephen King said that Stephenie Meyers, of Twilight fame, can't write. Apparently they're on better terms now, because Stephen and Stephanie's spokesmen jointly announced today that Meyers will be cowriting a Twilight crossover companion novel to Stephen King's Cell, a chilling novel about a cell-phone signal that turns the world to zombies. Read more...

'Twilight' Sequel Forges Ahead Amidst Fan Frenzy
According to the Vancouver Sun, feral packs of teenagers roaming the town have located the set at Minnekhada Regional Park in neighboring Coquitlam and at Pacific Rim National Park, site of a watery scene involving Lautner and Kristen Stewart. Read more...

No comments: